Internet Safety Tips for Online Learning with some resources for students and families.
1. Do not give out or include personal information in your email addresses or communications while in online learning environments. This includes your phone number and address.
Why YOU (if you’re a young writer, grades 6-12) should join our Writing Club:
* We’re not judgmental, and we don’t get grades.
* We have fun – it’s more of a discussion than a class.
* We learn and try new things in our writing.
* We support each other as writers.
* We all love writing – and we love reading and talking about writing.
* We really want more members/young writers!
At age 6, the architect Mariam Kamara moved with her family from Niamey, the capital of Niger, deep into the country’s vast Saharan interior, not far from the 15th-century city of Agadez, where the narrow streets of the historic center are lined with centuries-old houses built from rust-red adobe. During their five years in the desert, Kamara and her father, a mining engineer, traveled frequently into the nearby mountains, where they visited caves rich with neolithic paintings and polished stone, […]